Doing a DIRKS project
You can use this manual to achieve a range of specific organisational outcomes. This section contains information on how the DIRKS methodology can be applied to achieve these specific goals.
Guidance is provided to help you with doing a DIRKS project to:
- Develop new systems with adequate recordkeeping functionality
- Ensure the creation and capture of records
- Manage record access and security
- Ensure records are created and kept when business processes and systems are reengineered
- Specify and apply recordkeeping metadata
- Ensure records are kept of outsourced functions
- Select and implement off-the-shelf records management software packages
- Manage your vital records
- Create and implement a retention and disposal authority
- Create and implement a keyword thesaurus
Tip: Applying the information in this section
Each of these summaries is intended to provide you with an overview of how this manual can help you to achieve a specific outcome. If you wish to achieve one of these outcomes, it is recommended that you read the summary in conjunction with the relevant steps of the DIRKS methodology that are referenced in the summary.