Local government records (GA39)
Please see the General retention and disposal authorities page under Local government records for a downloadable pdf of the authority.
State Records has created online and Word indexes to the authority. The MSWord version of the index will not be updated as frequently as the online version.
A number of tables are available, which link classes from the former GDA10 to classes in the new authority:
- Consolidated linking table (PDF, 309kb). This table maps disposal classes in GDA10 to GA39.
- Summary of changes to retention periods and scope (PDF, 208kb). This table maps entries from from GDA10 to GA39 where retention periods have increased, decreased, or there has been a change in the scope of the disposal class.
- No change or a change in disposal class number only (PDF, 102kb).
- Summary of new entries (PDF, 42kb).
- Summary of entries in GDA10 not included in GA39 (PDF, 16kb). This table lists entries in GDA10 which have not been included in GA39. The table lists the GDA10 reference and brief details of the basis for their removal.
For further information on using the authority, please see GA39 - Frequently asked questions.
© State of New South Wales through the State Records Authority of New South Wales, 2011.
This work may be freely reproduced for personal, educational or government purposes. Permission must be received from State Records Authority for or all other uses. See our copyright notice or contact us.
First published February 2011/Revised November 2011 (Public Offices authorised to use this authority only)/Revised May 2012 (references to legislation governing early childhood education and care providers only).