Standard on managing a records management program
This standard sets out principles for establishing and maintaining a records management program as required under section 12(2) of the State Records Act 1998. The principles are:
- The records management program is directed by policy
- The records management program is planned
- The records management program is staffed with skilled people
- The records management program is implemented
- The records management program is monitored and reviewed
Each principle is supported by mandatory compliance requirements.
- Using this standard
- Appendix A: List of compliance requirements
- Appendix B: Implementing the standard
There is a Table of Commentary for this standard, available in PDF format (158kb).
There is a PDF version (60kb) of this standard for printing.
© State of New South Wales through the State Records Authority of New South Wales, 2004.
First published 1998 / Revised edition 2004
This work may be freely reproduced for personal, educational or government purposes. Permission must be received from State Records Authority for or all other uses. See our copyright notice for contact details.
ISBN ISBN 0-9752176-0-7