Retention and Disposal of Public Health Sector Records
This course provides participants with information on how to use a retention and disposal authority, with particular emphasis on using General Retention and Disposal Authorities 17 and 21. Participants learn about implementing disposal including records storage and destruction, and transfer of archives.
This course has been designed for public health organisations and covers the disposal of both patient/client and administrative records. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to use retention and disposal authorities to destroy, transfer or store their records.
By the end of this course participants should understand the fundamental elements and activities of records disposal:
- transfer, and
Interpreting and implementing a retention and disposal authority
- principles of records disposal
- general and functional retention and disposal authorities
Normal administrative practice
- what is normal administrative practice (NAP)?
- acceptable and unacceptable NAP practices
Sentencing and culling
- differences between sentencing and culling
- establishing sentencing/culling projects
- managing common sentencing problems
- exercise using public health general retention and disposal authorities
- requirements for the storage of records
- disaster management
- requirements that must be met before State records are destroyed
- principles and methods of destruction
Options for managing archives
- options for transfer or distributed management of archives
- complying with tranfer requirements under the State Records Act
- recall of State archives
- exercise using general retention and disposal authorities including health specific GDAs
- disposing of 'born digital' records
- disposal requirements for scanned records
- 19 February - Coffs Harbour
- 16 May - Queens Square, Sydney
- 23 July - Queanbeyan
- 14 August - Queens Square, Sydney
- 9 October - Wagga Wagga
- 3 December - Queens Square, Sydney
1 day; 9.00am - 4.00pm
$300 (includes GST). Discounts available.
Call Siller Systems Administration on (02) 9979 9974, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.siller.com.au.
Note: This course is delivered on State Records' behalf by Siller Systems Administration. All training, enrolment processing and invoicing is carried out by Siller Systems Administration.