Workshop on managing recordkeeping risk in business systems
This workshop assists participants from the NSW public sector to identify and mitigate risks to digital business information residing in business systems. Knowledge gained in the workshop can also assist public offices to work towards compliance with the Standard on digital recordkeeping.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand the range of risks threatening their business information
- assess business systems for information management risks
- plan mitigation strategies to combat key information management risks
- focus assessments on the business systems supporting high risk business processes.
- Defining business systems, digital records, recordkeeping systems
- Exploring the differences between business and recordkeeping systems
- Prioritising systems for assessment
- Identifying common risks to information in business systems
- Assessing existing systems
- Bridging gaps to mitigate risks
- Resources and references
This workshop is designed for people from the NSW public sector involved in projects to address recordkeeping risk in business systems, including records and information management professionals, ICT professionals, business system owners, enterprise architects, business analysts, governance managers and risk managers.
Participants will benefit most from the workshop by coming with a reasonable understanding of the recordkeeping challenges of at least one business system in their organisation.
- 5 February - Queens Square, Sydney
- 19 February - Queens Square, Sydney
- 10 April - Western Sydney Records Centre
- 15 May - Queens Square, Sydney
- 23 July - Queens Square, Sydney
- 9 October - Queens Square, Sydney
Half-day; 9.00am - 12.30pm (Queens Square), 9:30-1.00pm (Western Sydney Records Centre)
To register your interest in a workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Numbers for each session are limited to enable good group discussion.
Please note: Only staff from NSW public offices are eligible to attend this workshop.
A full summary of the issues raised at this workshop will be posted on the Future Proof blog after the event. See the blog for issues identified by past groups.