Railway History Cards copy service
Important: This service only covers cards for employees who left employment over 30 years ago. For access to cards for people still working within the last 30 years please contact:
GIPA/Right to Information and Privacy Office
Level 21, 477 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 8922 1313 or (02) 9822 1308
Fax: (02) 9822 4338.
About this copy service
This copy service is for the following record series:
- NRS 12922, Personal History Cards. The records cover employees born before 1900 and still employed after 1910, and
- NRS 19333, Personal History Cards — employees born between 1900 and 1962.
Placing your order
Online payment is not available for this service. Download the print-friendly order form and post/fax it back to us along with your payment.
Information you need to provide
In order for us to copy the correct card/s we need you to provide specific information. The most important details we need for each request for an indvidual's card are name (in full) and the date or year of birth. If we do not receive this information we cannot proceed with your order.
We need to have as much detail about the person's name as you can provide. For instance, looking for the name Richard Boyd Thompson instead of R Thompson is more likely to achieve a successful result. Without all details, especially with common names, we may not be able to identify the correct record.
You must provide:
* Name in full (include middle name if known), and
* Date or year of birth - this will help staff to identify the correct card
* Item No. Employees born before 1900 and still in employment after 1910 only: use this list to obtain the item number
Additional information may also be of assistance, such as:
- Place of work (if known) e.g. Newcastle, or
- Branch (if known)
If you have provided insufficient information you will be contacted and your money will be refunded.
The cost for an individual's card is $5.00. An administration fee and postage/handling costs are payable. An additional postage charge applies for overseas orders. See form for details.
We accept Visa and MasterCard. Cheques or money orders should be made payable to State Records. We do not accept personal cheques from foreign banks. Express postage is available on request, extra charges will apply.
What if there is no card?
If no card exists matching the particulars of the rail employee a partial refund will be made.
- $14.00 refund for the first entry
- $5.00 refund for each additional entry
The administration fee will still be charged if no card is located.