Only householders are listed. The names of the other people resident in the household are not identified.
How to navigate this Index
There are 100 districts in the 1891 Census Collectors' Books.
About the 1891 Census
The 1891 Census (NRS 683, Collectors' notebooks) was taken on the 5th April 1891. What is listed in the index?
There are no names in this index. The index to the collectors' books records:
- the name and number of the Census district
- sub-district (borough or municipal district, ward, township or village, goldfield or island).
- book number
- item number
- reel number
To view further information
For information on householders you can visit our reading room to view the microform. Information includes:
- locality (name of street, road, gully etc. in town, the number of the house)
- name of householder
- number of householder's schedule
- total number of persons in each schedule (male and female)
- number of Chinese or Aboriginal people included (male and female)
- and remarks.