Women's History Month
The theme for Women's History Month 2012 is Women with a Plan: architects, town planners and landscape architects.
The aim of Australia’s Women’s History Month 2012 is to turn the extraordinary into the ordinary. By choosing the theme Women with a Plan we want to remove any surprise at the number of women among the urban planners, architects, and landscape architects who shaped our surroundings, and our history in the past century. Some of these women helped lay the foundations of these professions in Australia. Others, from early 19th century First Lady Elizabeth Macquarie to fighting feminist Bessie Guthrie 150 years later, had a more singular impact on the planning and design of their surroundings.
- For more on Women's History Month 2012 see the Australian Women's History Forum
- See Short Guide 10 - Professions and Occupations for details of records relating to architects
- See State Records NSW Women in the Records for access gateways to topics like Women in the Workplace
- Try KeyName Search option or the Online Indexes to locate records relating to women in all fields of life
- For more images from State Records see Flickr.