The State Archives Collection
- Research Tools and Tips
Archives in Brief - fact sheets
Getting started with your research
How to start your family history
Indexes Online - names & places
Pre-order records for your visit
Publishing, citing and copyright
Reader's Ticket Application
Register of Access Directions
Research Guides & Finding Aids
- Popular Research Topics - see all »
Asylum & mental hospital records
Colonial Secretary's papers
Shipping and Immigration
Exhibition - A Call To Arms
A Call to Arms highlights records from the declaration of war on 4 August 1914 up until September 1916, when the first plebiscite (public vote) was held on the conscription of young men into war service. See more about the exhibition and website »
On display at the Western Sydney Records Centre Sept 2014 – April 2015
Are you a family historian or a local history researcher? Perhaps you are researching records relating to Indigenous people? Undertaking a school project or overseeing one for your students? Do you live in a remote area of NSW?
We have brought together resource pages that may be of interest to you.
- Historian or researcher - see our family/local history topics, tips & worksheets
- Indigenous person - see how to find & use the archives relating to Aboriginal people
- Living in regional NSW - access the Archives Resources Kit
- School teacher or student - explore the collection & learn!
Today in History
Glance through the history of New South Wales and the State archives day by day, month by month.