State Archives Advisory Group
The State Archives Advisory Group brings together stakeholder representatives from across NSW with a common interest in accessing and using the State archives collection through the services provided by State Archives and increasing awareness of the work of State Archives among key user groups and the broader community.
Advisory Group members play an important role in providing:
- feedback and advice on State Archives existing and planned access services including digital services
- advice on access and community engagement initiatives including but not limited to exhibitions
- advocacy among the key stakeholder and user groups they represent to increase awareness of State Archives’ services and the State archives collection.
The State Archives Advisory Group was established in April 2017 replacing the former Community Advisory Committee. The Advisory Group Members are:
- Dr Michael Bennett, Professional Historians Association (NSW & ACT)
- Emeritus Professor David Carment, History Council of NSW
- Andrea Fernandes, formerly Migration Heritage Centre
- Heather Garnsey, Society of Australian Genealogists
- Associate Professor Carol Liston, Associate Professor, School of Cultural Histories and Futures, Western Sydney University
- Bill Phippen, Manager, Railway Resource Centre, Australian Railway Historical Society (NSW)
- Dr Perry McIntyre, professional genealogist and historian
- Associate Professor David Roberts, Editor, Journal of Australian Colonial History, University of New England
- Kirsten Thorpe, Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research, UTS
- Christine Yeats, Senior Vice President, Royal Australian HistoricalSociety
Digital Records Advisory Group
Keeping and preserving records in digital formats is a major challenge for Government today. In response to this challenge, the State Records Authority of New South Wales is implementing a comprehensive digital records strategy, Future Proof. The role of the Digital Records Advisory Group is to monitor and advise State Records NSW on the implementation of this strategy.
In order to ensure that this work takes account of current issues and the needs of the public sector, the Group will:
- advise State Records on real world examples of digital records issues and challenges;
- provide feedback on products developed as part of the digital records and archives strategy; and
- test digital records and archives solutions.
The Digital Records Advisory Group meets once a quarter.
The Group is made up of records and information managers and other representatives from NSW public sector organisations.
The Digital Records Advisory Group is comprised of representatives from the following NSW Government public offices:
- City of Sydney
- Clinical Excellence Commission
- Department of Education and Communities
- Department of Justice
- Department Finance, Services and Innovation
- State Records
- Sydney Water
- Transport for NSW
- The University of Sydney
Information / Enquiries
For further information or enquiries concerning the State Archives Advisory Group or the Digital Records Advisory Group, please contact EDO@records.nsw.gov.au.