The police station at Balldale in the Murray District was established during 1912. (1) The original staff of the station consisted of a single mounted constable. (2) The station closed temporarily due to staff shortage during World War II but re-opened in 1947.
(1) Police Department annual report for the year 1912. p.2 in NSW Parliamentary Papers 1913 Vol 2, p. 612.
(2) Ibid. p. 33