Hill End Borough Council was constituted on 6 August 1873. (1) A petition signed by 587 people was published in the NSW Government Gazette on 1 April 1873, requesting a council to be formed in Hill End district, in the county of Wellington. Population was recorded as being less than 4,000.
The first Mayor was Thomas Wythes. The following Aldermen were elected: William Toft Pullen, Alfred Chapple, Bernard Otto Holtermann, Henry Stuart, Thomas Kerr, Hennich Christian Fischer, Alfred Newman and Walter John Carroll. (3)
On 11 June 1908 Turon Shire absorbed Hill End Borough. Turon Shire was divided into three ridings with boundaries. The Government Gazette of 10 June 1908 states the revocation of parts of the population areas. (4)
(1) NSW Government Gazette 6 August 183 p2197.
(2) NSW Government Gazette 1 April 1873 p693.
(3) NSW Government Gazette 14 November 1873 p3174.
(4) NSW Government Gazette 17 June 1908 p3242.