Boambee Half-Time School in the County of Raleigh opened in February 1902 and remained a Half-Time School with Bonville until March 1906.(1) Half-Time schools were established in areas of scattered population. Children assembled at two teaching centres where they received instruction. By 1902 a minimum of eight children at each centre was required to enable the school to continue.
The School was closed during April 1906 but re-opened as Boambee Provisional School in May 1906. Provisional Schools were those that catered for areas of smaller populations unable to support a full public school. By 1906 a minimum of ten pupils was required for the establishment of a provisional school
Boambee was converted to a Public School in July 1907 suggesting that the school population had increased to the twenty required then for the creation of a public school.
Government Schools of New South Wales 1848 to 2003, NSW Department of Education, 2003