- Record series in the index: NRS 849
- Entries in the index: 65,800+
A note about the index
The column "Alleged Offence" is the offence for which the person was charged. Researchers need to check additional court records (where they survive) to determine the outcome of a trial and whether the person was found guilty or not guilty. Further research may also be carried out using gaol records if the individual served a prison sentence.
- NRS 850: Returns of Criminal Cases heard at Country Quarter Sessions 1870-1920, 1870-87
- Clerk of the Peace (Agency No. 35)
- Quarter Sessions (Agency No. 36)
A Volunteer Project
Enter your search terms in the box to the right to search within:
First name, Surname, Offence and/or Place.