- Record series in the index: Supreme Court of NSW; NRS 21360, Index to matrimonial causes files, 1873-1976, [8/3242-3247], Fiche 6130-6410
- Entries in the index: 20,900+
The Family Law Index was created by the Supreme Court of NSW and records name of petitioner, respondent and co-respondent (if named), divorce number, year and remarks. The Index also includes judicial separations.
What's in the Divorce Case Papers?
The NRS 13495, Divorce Case Papers, are the key record series relating to divorce. The case papers contain evidence for each particular case including judicial separations. The series was created after the passing of the first divorce legislation in New South Wales, the Matrimonial Causes Act 1873.
The information in the divorce case papers varies considerably. Examples of documents in the case papers include:
- Petitions for the dissolution of marriage
- affidavits (sworn statements)
- petitions for maintenance
- marriage certificates
- decrees nisi (not always included)
- decrees absolute (not always included), and