Digitised building plans
In the series NRS-4335 there are 3,400+ government building plans dating from 1837 through to the 1970s. Over 430+ have been digitised and published to our catalogue, Collection Search. Some plans are Closed to Public Access for security reasons - for instance if a gaol, police station or a courthouse is still operating as a gaol, police station or a courthouse. The plans below were digitised as part of the Archives in Your Town program.
Types of plans on ths page
Wagga Wagga Watch House was extended in 1887. The plan of those alterations has many pencil notes possibly about later changes. In a later plan the same building is called the Wagga Lock Up. The plan shows planned additions of cells and a prisoner’s yard.
Tweed Heads had a long history as part of a river system used for commerce and pleasure. The Tweed Heads Pilot Station operated from 1870. These six plans from 1917 to 1927 show the size and range of buildings from the cottages for the boatmen to housing for the station’s rockets.
Plans of schools are often included in the School files and in the Plans of public buildings. Kiama Public School has been changed many times. This plan is from 1921 for an eight-room building.
Broken Hill Tramway Block plan showing position of residence for officer-in-charge, 25/2/1902. The plans are from the Railway Construction Branch of the Public Works Department. Plan of proposed additional office accommodation for officer-in-charge of Broken Hill Trams. Plans and elevations. Signature of architect (W. Keen) appears on the plan, 10/6/1903. The plans have a list of the furniture and a key to show its location in the office.