Reading Room hours: Tuesday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 10am-4pm
Get more research into your day when you visit us by pre-ordering your Request for Reading Room in advance. Pre-ordering gives us time to process your requests and have the records ready before you arrive.
All original records are stored at the Western Sydney Records Centre, where they can be viewed. You do not need to pre-order copied material such as microfilm reels or microfiche as these items are on open access in the reading room.
You will need a reader's ticket to view original records.
How to pre-order
Select item(s) from your search results
Collection Search lets you pre-order records straight from the catalogue search results. To the right of the search results are two orange icons: one is your Shopping Cart and the other is for your Reading Room Requests
- if an original item can be viewed in the reading room the clipboard will be visible from the search results list or the full details page view
- click the clipboard to add the item to your request list.
- the orange request icon counter will increase with each request you add
- click the orange request icon to view and edit your Reading Room Request
- if an item is not listed in the catalogue you can also enter the details manually using the +Add Item (not in catalogue) option.
- follow the prompts to complete your Reading Room Request
Submit your form in time
We recommend that you pre-order your Reading Room request TWO working days* prior to your planned visit. We will confirm receipt of your Reading Room Request and when the records may be available in the reading room.
*Working days are Mondays - Fridays, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.