#OnThisDay 21 April 1911 the first twelve migrant boys arrived from England to begin their agricultural training at Scheyville Farm. The Dreadnought Fund established the farm meet the demand for trained agricultural workers in the State. Between 1911 and 1939 over 5,500 boys were brought out from England. In 1913 the name of the farm was proclaimed as the Government Agricultural Training Farm, Scheyville.
From the Collection
The photographs from series NRS 5529 illustrate the farm property, buildings and workers engaged in agricultural and livestock related activities.