#OnThisDay 8 December 1810 the town of Green Hills changed its name to Windsor. The town was established c.1791 on the banks of the Hawkesbury River, surrounded by fertile farmland.
Windsor was officially proclaimed on 15 December 1810. Governor Macquarie had laid out the town with churches, schools, courts, gaols and inns.
In 1822 Rev Samuel Marsden consecrated St Matthew's Anglican Church on the same day.