On 19 August 1930 at 10pm the two halves of the Sydney Harbour Bridge were joined.
The two half arches were fabricated from steel in workshops before being loaded onto barges and towed into position. The arches were then lifted up by two 580 tonne electrically operated creeper cranes. Steel decking was then hung from the arches over the next nine months.
The arch spans 503m and the summit is 134m above sea level.
The bridge was officially opened on 19 March 1932.
These images are from NRS-12685 - Sydney Harbour Bridge Photographic Albums »