161 O'Connell Street, Kingswood NSW 2747
The reading room
The Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) has ample parking and a well equipped readers lounge. Wheelchair access and accessible toilets are provided. Ramp access to the reading room is available via a separate entrance.
Facilities: Ample parking / Wheelchair & Ramp Access / Accessible Toilets / Digital Cameras / Self-service Copiers / USB Sticks / Reader's lounge / Free tea & coffee / Microwave / Fridge / Free Wi-Fi.
Local shops: Claremont Meadows and Kingswood. There are no shops within walking distance. We recommend you bring your lunch if you are staying the whole day.
Groups are very welcome to visit the reading room. To assist with planning we ask that groups contact us one month in advance of the visit us via the Group Booking Form. This is particularly important on Saturdays when the reading room is staffed at minimum levels.
A group booking can be used for five (5) or more people. Short tours of the Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) can also be presented to groups of five or more people (Tuesday-Friday only). Book a tour when you book your visit.
|Current Group Bookings|
We suggest that you also read Getting Started With Your Research Guide.
Driving from Sydney (approx. 50km)
- Take Parramatta Road to North Strathfield
- Turn onto the M4 motorway and continue to the Kent Road (Claremont Meadows) exit.
- Turn right onto Kent Road and follow as it changes to Gipps Road.
- Turn left into Sunflower Drive and follow the road around past the shops and Claremont Meadows Public School.
- Turn left into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC at 161 O'Connell Street on the left hand side of the road.
Driving from the Blue Mtns
- Take the Great Western Highway / M4 to the Northern Road exit
- Turn left onto the Northern Road and proceed to the Great Western Highway
- Turn right onto the Great Western Highway
- Turn right into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC. O'Connell St is L-shaped - follow it around the university to the WSRC.
- Buses from both Penrith and St Marys stations stop regularly at the WSRC (161 O'Connell Street). Please check the Busways website for timetables and details.