On this page
- Apply for a readers ticket if you do not already hold one.
- Place a preorder in Collection Search for the original archives you plan to use. See information about preordering records in Collection Search »
- If you have any enquiries please contact us »
What to bring to the Reading Room
Please bring your own pencils and stationery.
If you wish to make copies of records we strongly suggest that you bring your own camera/tablet/smartphone or USB. Our paper-based photocopy service is still available but may be subject to delay and additional costs at this time.
If you plan on using a locker please bring your own $2 coin.
Hand sanitiser, gloves and cleaning products will be freely available in the Reading Room for your use.
The Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) has ample parking and a well equipped readers lounge. Wheelchair access and accessible toilets are provided. Ramp access to the reading room is available via a separate entrance.
Facilities: Ample parking / Wheelchair & Ramp Access / Accessible Toilets / Digital Cameras / Self-service Copiers / USB Sticks / Reader's lounge / Free tea & coffee / Microwave / Fridge / Free Wi-Fi.
Local shops: Claremont Meadows, Caddens and Kingswood. There are no shops within walking distance – the new shopping centre at Caddens Corner is a hilly 800m walk away. We recommend you bring your lunch if you are staying the whole day.
We suggest that you also read Getting Started With Your Research Guide.
A group booking can be used for five (5) or more people visiting the Reading Room for research purposes. To assist with planning we ask that groups contact us one month in advance of the visit. This is particularly important on Saturdays when the reading room is staffed at minimum levels.
Tours of the Western Sydney Records Centre (WSRC) can also be presented to groups of 6-20 people (Tuesday-Friday only). Tours take about 1.5 hours.
Book your group visit or tour using the Group Booking Form. Please note that we cannot accept more than one group on a particular day. To check availability, please refer to the current bookings below.
- Wednesday 14th September
- Thursday 15th September
- Wednesday 21st September
- Wednesday 28th September
- Friday 11th November
- Saturday 19th November
- Thursday 8th December
- Saturday 1st April
Driving from Sydney (approx. 50km)
- Take Parramatta Road to North Strathfield
- Turn onto the M4 motorway and continue to the Kent Road (Claremont Meadows) exit.
- Turn right onto Kent Road and follow as it changes to Gipps Road.
- Turn left into Sunflower Drive and follow the road around past the shops and Claremont Meadows Public School.
- Turn left into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC at 161 O'Connell Street on the left hand side of the road.
Driving from the Blue Mtns
- Take the Great Western Highway / M4 to the Northern Road exit
- Turn left onto the Northern Road and proceed to the Great Western Highway
- Turn right onto the Great Western Highway
- Turn right into O'Connell Street and keep going until you reach the WSRC. O'Connell St is L-shaped - follow it around the university to the WSRC.
- Buses from both Penrith and St Marys stations stop regularly at the WSRC (161 O'Connell Street). Please check the Busways website for timetables and details.