Our thoughts are with everyone currently affected by the NSW floods.
For public offices and their contracted providers whose records have been impacted by the flooding, please refer to the State Archives and Records Authority’s (SARA) disaster management resources:
- Recovery checklist – assists in identifying recovery priorities
- Disaster management overview – quick tips for managing a disaster where records are involved
- Counter disaster reaction and recovery plan – sections 7-9 provide guidance on disaster response, recovery, and dealing with affected records.
For records that have been identified as damaged or destroyed, public offices – in the first instance – should:
- implement their counter disaster reaction and recovery plan
- refer to SARA’s Recovery Checklist
- notify SARA for assistance navigating compliance and options around damaged records
- contact their insurer.
For additional information, please refer to:
- Blue Shield Australia and Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material’s (AICCM) flood resources
- SARA Conservation Tip 06 – Dealing with wet records
- SARA Conversation Tip 05 – Removing mould from records.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Recordkeeping Standards and Advice at email@example.com with enquiries or for assistance.