Limited re-opening of Reading Room
To help protect the health and wellbeing of all visitors and staff and to minimise the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Reading Room at the Western Sydney Records Centre will be open by appointment initially as follows:
|Tuesday to Friday||Saturday|
- An appointment is required for every visitor to the Reading Room including children
- Appointments are subject to availability
What to do next
- Apply for a readers ticket if you do not already hold one.
- Place a preorder in Collection Search for the original archives you plan to use. See information about preordering records in Collection Search »
- If you have any enquiries please contact us »
What to bring to the Reading Room
Please bring your own pencils and stationery.
If you wish to make copies of records we strongly suggest that you bring your own camera/tablet/smartphone or USB. Our paper-based photocopy service is still available but may be subject to delay and additional costs at this time.
The Reading Room is operating on a cashless basis. EFTPOS and credit card payment options are available.
- If you plan on using a locker please bring your own $2 coin.
Hand sanitiser, gloves and cleaning products will be freely available in the Reading Room for your use.
Conditions of Entry
Access to the Western Sydney Records Centre site is subject to the following Conditions of Entry which are designed to keep you as safe as possible while visiting us.
Visitors and staff are not permitted to enter the site if they:
- Are experiencing any flu like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- Have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious);
- Are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- Reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19; or
- If they have returned from international or interstate (where relevant) travel and failed to observe the Government requirement to self-isolate for 14 days.
Visitors and staff who are not subject to any of the above conditions for exclusion must be willing and able to agree to the following requirements to:
- leave the site immediately if they become unwell, after notifying a staff member;
- at all times, maintain social distancing measures (as per the NSW Health guidelines) with respect to other visitors and staff;
- maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitiser;
- maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately;
- provide SARA with their name and contact details and consent to SARA providing their name and contact details to the NSW Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required to enable contact tracing procedures;
- acknowledge that they may be asked to wait, or be refused entry, to any SLM property in the event that the site has reached its total capacity under NSW Health social distancing requirements;
- respond accurately to the following questions if asked by staff:
- Are you or anyone you live with currently undergoing testing or awaiting results for the COVID-19 virus?
- Have you or anyone you live with tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and have not been medically cleared as non-contagious?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)?
- Have you read the conditions of entry and confirm that you are willing and able to abide by them?
- acknowledge the right of SARA to refuse entry or request their departure from our sites at any time and for any reason;
- at all times treat staff and other visitors with respect.
Personal information and contact tracing
Contact information from your Reader’s Ticket and your appointment booking may be used up to 28 days after your visit for tracing purposes, should exposure to COVID-19 in the Reading Room be reported. This information may be supplied to the NSW Department of Health or any other third party Government department, as required to enable contact tracing procedures.
Updates, enquiries and further information
These are temporary measures to ensure access to the Reading Room and the State Archives Collection while keeping the public and staff as safe as possible through social distancing. Thank you for your support and understanding at this time.
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9673 1788.
Further official information and advice on COVID-19 for community and businesses in NSW is available at https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 »