The purpose of these minutes is to record the resolutions of the Medical Board at its general and special meetings. The main function of the general meetings was to:
- consider applications for registration as medical practitioners
- register additional qualifications for existing members
- register any of additional description
- record name changes for persons already registered
- to certify those eligible for regional registration
The Board also assembled as a court to hear complaints of professional misconduct and took resolutions to recommend amendments to legislation related to medical practice.
The first volume in this series also contains the medical register until 12 December, 1901 (to registration 2266)