The General retention and disposal authority: higher and further education records (GA47) was approved by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW on 23 October 2017 for use by all NSW public offices providing higher and further education, including the Universities, TAFE NSW and the Department of Education. For the retention and disposal authority applying to primary and secondary education records see FA387.
GA47 supersedes the General retention and disposal authority: University records (GDA23), with the exception of the sections relating to collections management (1.0.0), health services (14.0.0) and childcare services (10.0.0). Those sections of GDA23 are still authorised for use by the university sector. An amended version of GDA23 is available from this page.
The following sections of GDA23 have been superseded by the General retention and disposal authority: higher and further education records or the General retention and disposal authority: administrative records (GA28), and can no longer be used as the authority to destroy records or transfer records as State archives:
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS (2.0.0)
- GOVERNANCE (3.0.0)
- GRANTS ADMINISTRATION (4.0.0)
- LIBRARY MANAGEMENT (5.0.0)
- PERSONNEL (6.0.0)
- PROPERTY AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (7.0.0)
- ACCOMMODATION SERVICES (8.0.0)
- ADMISSION (9.0.0)
- COUNSELLING SERVICES (11.0.0)
- ENROLMENT (12.0.0.)
- GRADUATION (13.0.0)
- SCHOLARSHIPS/PRIZES/BURSARIES/FELLOWSHIPS (15.0.0)
- STUDENT EXCHANGE (16.0.0)
- STUDENT GRIEVANCES (17.0.0)
- STUDENT RECRUITMENT (18.0.0)
- STUDENT SERVICES (19.0.0)
- ANATOMY MANAGEMENT (20.0.0)
- ANIMAL MANAGEMENT (21.0.0)
- COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES (22.0.0)
- RESEARCH MANAGEMENT (23.0.0)
- SHORT/NON AWARD COURSES (24.0.0)
- TEACHING (25.0.0)
A mapping table that show where the existing classes from GDA23 are now covered in the General retention and disposal authority: higher and further education records or the General retention and disposal authority: administrative records has been provided to assist with resentencing of records. Any records previously sentenced under GDA23 that have not been destroyed or transferred as State archives will need to be resentenced to ensure compliance with the new authority. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions around resentencing.
A Word index has also been provided. A html version of the authority and the index will be provided at a later date.