50 Years at State Records
State Records marked this significant milestone with:
- an official function at NSW Parliament House (speech by Lucy Taksa, Chair of the State Records Board)
- the publication of an anniversary history (State Records NSW 1788-2011, by Dr. Peter Tyler*)
- an online anniversary exhibition (showcasing items from the collection)
- a slideshow (images of ourselves)
- historical notes (highlighting the milestones in the development of the archives) and,
- anniversary bookmarks and postcards
- an Open Day on 28 October 2011.
*We were saddened to note the passing of Dr Peter Tyler on 5 May 2012. On behalf of State Records Dr Tyler wrote both the 50th anniversary history of State Records, State Records NSW, 1788-2011 and volume 2 of the administrative history of NSW, Humble and Obedient Servants, in 2006.